At the November 17 meeting it was decided that this group wants to:
- facilitate education about refugees with communities of people resistant to welcoming refugees
- conduct a listening tour to find a common vision and values concerning the welcoming of refugees
- organize a group who is dedicated to keeping abreast of and reading through state-level legislation concerning refugees and asylees
Some of the tactics discussed included:
- holding community forums in partnership with neighborhood associations
- we need to organize the session dialogue
- rely on Reframing Refugees document for ideas
- initial goal to meet with three neighborhood associations?
- tapping into the power of state level religious movements already established concerning refugees – Example: USCCB/US Conference of Catholic Bishops
- We are bringing Senator Thom Tillis to Queens…opportunity to discuss refugee situation
- We need to connect with HIAS, Presbyterians groups already advocating for refugees/asylees in state legislature
TT beat me to it.Now for my thoughts:1. I don’t give a crap whose father did what in what war or whose brother did what in what war. This is America, and you have every right to criticize it.2 . So long as there are constitutional amendments and modern issues subject to interpretation, it’s a living doe&ucntm#8230;3. So now we’re going to start telling businesses what language they must use when they engage in free enterprise?I could go on, but the idiot who wrote this and false attributed it to Rooney is basically … an idiot.