Join us for two great panels with two sets of inspiring thought leaders!
Wednesday, August 5th, 7:00 pm – 8:00 pm – Click here to RSVP
Thursday, August 6th, 12:00 pm – 1:00 pm – Click here to RSVP
The Black Lives Matter (BLM) movement is one of the most prolific, and provocative social movements in decades. Utilizing a decentralized network of local chapters and tech-savvy activists, BLM chapters can tailor their engagement in real-time to draw international attention to systemic racial disparities Black people experience every day.
Yet, because each chapter has its own unique communication style, sometimes other messages, including antisemitic tropes and anti-Israel bias, also enter into the fray, which begs the question, can Jews support the BLM Movement?
Join Jewish Studies at Queens University of Charlotte, the Federation’s Jewish Community Relation’s Council, and Temple Beth El as we offer two unique opportunities to explore the ways in which our Jewish community intersects with the BLM Movement. Please consider joining us for one, or both of these engaging discussions each with a unique panel of thought leaders including academics, rabbis, Jews of color, and community leaders.
Wednesday, August 5, 7 pm-8:00 pm
- Dr. Longmire-Avital, Associate Professor of Psychology, Elon University
- Rabbi Judy Schindler, Sklut Professor of Jewish Studies at Queens University of Charlott4
- Laurel Grauer, Director, Community Relations and Israel Affairs,Jewish Federation of Greater Charlotte.
- Amy Rogers, Journalist
August 6, 2020, 12:00 pm
- Rabbi Dusty Klass, Associate Rabbi, Temple Beth El
- Rabbi Sandra Lawson, Associate Chaplain for Jewish Life, Elon University
- Donna Tarney, Education Coordinator, Stan Greenspon Center for Peace and Social Justice at Queens University of Charlotte
- Emily Russell, Producer and Host of JPOD Charlotte
Unable to register for 8/5 & 8/6 discussion. Want to attend
Thank you Susie, registration link will be live today at 11 am. Thank you for your interest.
I’d like to register for the August 6th session at 12:00 – is this the way to do that?
Here is the link to the registration page: https://www.eventbrite.com/e/exploring-the-blm-movement-from-jewish-perspectives-tickets-114542291076?aff=erelpanelorg